Effective 01 January 2021.
1. At a glance
1.1 Who are “we”?
1.2 What data do we collect?
Depending on how you use our website, we collect different data:
- Your IP address ⓘ
- Your email address and, if visible in your email address (or if you give it to us otherwise), your name
- Information about your device, like the type of internet browser you use, your operating system and the size of your browser window
- The page you visited before landing on our website and the pages you visited on our website
- The time and date you accessed our website
- Your port for file transfers ⓘ
- The size of the requests and the responses between your browser and the server hosting our website
- The HTTP status codes issued by our server when it responds to your browser’s request
1.3. Why do we collect and use your data?
We collect and use your data for four purposes:
- display our website,
- ensure the security of our website,
- allow you to contact us,
- evaluate and optimize our website.
1.4 Who else gets access to your data?
We never share the data we collect with third parties. ⓘ
We only share this data with the University of Siegen (Germany), which hosts our website, stores and uses the data for our purposes, only.Read more
1.5 How long do we keep your data?
1.6 What are your rights?
When we collect your personal data, generally you have the following rights: the right to access, rectify and erase the data we hold about you; the right to transfer your data; and the right to restrict and object to the processing of your data.
These rights do not apply when we collect data that are not personal and, mostly, when we anonymise your personal data.
2. What data do we process to display our website?
We collect certain data to display the website in the best manner and to enable navigation. For example, we adapt the display of the website’s content to the size of your screen and to your browser characteristics.
3. What data do we process to ensure the security of our website?
We collect certain data to maintain our website’s security, for example to analyse technical problems and malicious attacks.
4. What data do we process when you contact us?
When you send us an email to pm [at] gecko-project [dot] eu or when you use our other contact persons, we use your data to answer you and to be able to keep our conversation ongoing.
5. What data do we process to evaluate and optimise the website?
When you navigate our website, we collect and immediately anonymise your data to create statistics about how visitors use our website, which is helpful to evaluate and enhance our website appearance.
Yes, the information on this page may change, for example when the law or the way we process personal data change. When this happens, we will always make it clear and publish the changes on our website.
7. How can you contact us and exercise your rights?
If you have questions, doubts or complaints about the way we process your personal data, please contact us. You can send an email to pm[at] uni-siegen [dot] de. We will do our best to answer quickly and address your concerns.Read more
If you are not satisfied with our answers, you have the option to issue a formal complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in the state of North-Rhine Westfalia. Alternatively, you can contact the supervisory authority of the federal state of Germany or of the European Member State where you reside or work.